Christopher M. Hobbs
Mercenary Developer and Free Software Advocate focusing on backend/API development and data mining. I'm currently employed as a Senior Developer for Acumen Brands where I maintain eCommerce related codebases and mentor apprentice developers. Through the years, I've maintained a software consultancy while slinging code for all sorts of organizations from municipal government to tech startups.
- I co-organize the Bentonville.rb Meetup group
- laraib - my Ruby client library for pump.io
- linkedin - I assist Matt Kirk of Modulus 7 with maintenance on this gem
- wyatt - modular ERP backend interface
- wyatt_netsuite - NetSuite plugin for wyatt
- sinatra-authentication - I assist Max Spransy with this gem from time to time
- euler_c my bumbled attempt to do Project Euler from memory
- I mirror the Rainbows! repository on Github
- I am the original curator of golang-weekly, though I no longer run the project
- I created the hn-parents list
- I spent a lot of time running bug days for the OpenSUSE project (generally in a11y and gnome2)
- I've contributed documentation fixes to the FreeBSD project
You won't catch me on any of the major social networks for various reasons. While I occasionally post on pump.io, I prefer more personal communications. Feel free to chat me up via XMPP (including Google Talk) at firstname.lastname@example.org, shoot me an email at email@example.com, or ring me via SIP at firstname.lastname@example.org. If crypto is your thing, here's my public GPG key or look up
B0198A89 on your favorite keyserver.
I like to remote pair with people on all sorts of projects, catch me at a local event or drop me an email and we'll set something up. I'm available to code most days after 2130 CST. I generally use tmux and vim for these purposes, but I'm flexible on tooling.
I like to play a little bit of Go on IGS, my username there is cmhobbs and I'm open to games of any rank. I'm trying to journal my games with a Blosxom blog: DDK Kifu. I also like to play BattleTech once in a while. If you have the MegaMek client, shoot me an email and let's fight with giant stompy robots!